As you may remember a 3D printer was purchased for the North Baltimore Library by Panda
Technologies and filament was purchased with a donation from North Baltimore Gleaner Arbor. Now
that we have had time to learn how to use it and practice making some items we are allowing our
patrons the option to have items printed for them. These items will be priced based on the amount of
filament and time used to print the project.
The process will be to email the file for the item you are requesting to
email@example.com with the subject line 3D Print. We will then respond with the price for
the item. Once you have stopped in and paid for the item, it will be printed. We will then contact you
when the item is finished.
As with everything, there are some guidelines that we need to be followed.
1. Only Library Staff can use the machine
2. Files that you want printed must be able to be sent to Library staff via email. Allow 1
week for your items to be printed.
3. Projects can only be printed with Library filament. Requests can be made for specific
filament but you will need to purchase the entire spool.
4. No Weapons will be printed
There will also be some pre-made items for sale at the Front Desk. We are also open to
suggestions on items to pre-make and sell.
A few months ago a 3D printer was purchased for the North Baltimore Public Library by Panda
Technologies. A variety of filament rolls were also purchase from a donation by the North Baltimore
Gleaner Arbor. Now that we have had time to print some items and experiment with our filament, we
are ready to allow you, our patrons, to request and buy some of these printed items.
Here are the steps we would like you to follow:
* The process will be to email a file to firstname.lastname@example.org (we find most of ours
on the website - https://www.thingiverse.com/) with the subject line 3D Print. We will
respond with a price based on the amount of time and filament that will be required.
* Once you have stopped in and paid for the item, we will proceed with printing it.
* We will contact you once it is finished. We expect that it will typically take a week to
complete each project.
* Before printing, we will confirm which filament will work best for your project. If you
would like a different color or type of filament, we can purchase it for you, but you must
pay for the entire roll before ordering.
* Only Library Staff will be allowed to use the machine.
* No weapons will be printed. Staff have the right to approve or reject projects if deemed
* There will be some pre-made items for sale at the Main Desk. Feel free to make
suggestions on items you would be interested in purchasing.